SEA URCHIN TARAMASALATA (SEA URCHIN & BREAD DIP)
100g Sea Urchin Harvest Creamy Pod
200g old bread, crusts removed
1 eschalot, finely chopped
75ml extra virgin olive oil
50ml lemon juice
Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Premium Gold, to serve
Dill sprigs, to serve
Charred toast and grissini, to serve
1. Tear the bread into chunks, place into a bowl of water and soak for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from the bowl and squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
3. Place the bread into a blender with the sea urchin, eschalot, olive oil, half the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
4. Blend on a medium speed until it begins to combine.
5. Slowly add olive oil as you blend to puree the dip until smooth.
6. Taste the dip and adjust the seasoning with sea salt and more lemon juice as required.
7. Transfer the dip into a bowl, top with some Sea Urchin Harvest Premium Gold, a drizzle of olive oil and serve with charred bread and grissini.