STEAMED SEA URCHIN WITH COCONUT, GINGER, LEMONGRASS, PICKLED MUNTRIES & FINGER LIME
12 pcs Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold
350ml Coconut milk
2 tsp Ginger, finely sliced
2 tsp Lemongrass, finely chopped
2 tsp Shallots, finely sliced
2 tsp Pickled muntries
1 Finger lime, to serve
1 Shallot, thinly sliced into strips, to serve Sea salt
Muntries (aka emu apple) are an Australian Indigenous food which have a fresh, sweet flavour. They are available from online retailers. The muntries in this recipe have been pickled using a basic 3 cups water, ¼ cup sea salt, ¼ cup sugar solution.
1. In a bowl, combine the coconut cream, ginger, lemongrass, shallots, muntries, and a pinch of salt.
2. Divide the mixture between four oven proof bowls, ramekins, or sea urchin half shells.
3. Place three pieces of sea urchin on top, season with a pinch of salt then cover with foil or the other half of the sea urchin shell.
4. Place the bowls into a preheated 200°C oven for and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, take off the foil, garnish with finger lime pearls and thin strips of shallot then serve.