Steak With Sea Urchin Butter
Makes 300g of Sea Urchin Butter
- 2 x 300g Scotch Fillet Steaks
- Your preferred steak sides
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Sea Urchin Butter Ingredients
- 250g salted Butter
- 50g Sea Urchin Harvest Creamy Pod
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
Sea urchin butter is an incredibly versatile ingredient and can be easily stored in the freezer and used as you need it. Packed with umami, its the perfect substitute for regular butter in garlic prawns, mussels, or other seafood dishes. Its also delicious by itself spread on toast or crumpets. This recipe calls for 50g of sea urchin but add more if you like.
- Dice the butter and leave in a warm place to soften.
- Place the sea urchin into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the butter, lemon zest and juice then blend until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the chopped chives.
- Roll into a log using baking paper, chill in the fridge or freeze until needed.
- Take your steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat a pan or barbeque and cook the steaks to your liking.
- Slice 4 thin coins of urchin butter from the log and place on top of the rested steaks.
- Finish with sea salt and black pepper and serve with your favourite sides.