- 500g fettuccine pasta
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g Sea Urchin Harvest Creamy Pods
- 300g smoked speck, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g parmasen cheese, grated
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 100g butter
- Sea salt
- Place a frypan over a medium heat, add the speck and cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until it is has cooked through and the fat from the speck has rendered, then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile - use a blender to mix the egg yolks, sea urchin and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the paste until al dente then drain, reserving the paste cooking liquid.
- Transfer the pasta into a large cold pan, add the egg and sea urchin mixture with a ladle of the pasta cooking liquid, then butter, speck fat and garlic.
- Place over a low flame and toss the pasta until the egg mixture thickens to coat the pasta.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with the chopped chives, sea salt and some more parmesan.