Sea urchin butter is an incredibly versatile ingredient and can be easily stored in the freezer and used as you need it. Packed with umami, its the perfect substitute for regular butter in garlic prawns, mussels, or other seafood dishes. Its also delicious by itself spread on toast or crumpets. This recipe calls for 50g of sea urchin but add more if you like.
- 250g salted butter
- 50g Sea Urchin Harvest Creamy Pod
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Bunch chives, chopped
- Dice the butter and leave in a warm place to soften.
- Place the sea urchin into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the butter, lemon zest and juice then blend until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the chopped chives.
- Roll into a log using baking paper, chill in the fridge or freeze until needed.