Sea Urchin Risotto with Alba White Truffle - Serves 4
To cook perfect risotto you may not need all the stock in the recipe, or you may need more. Perfect risotto should have an al dente bite and a loose and creamy consistency. For best results, make your own seafood stock from fish frames, sea urchin shells and shellfish heads.
- 200g Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold
- 1x 50g Alba white truffle
- 300g Arborio rice
- 2L seafood stock
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g butter
- 125ml white wine extra virgin olive oil sea salt black pepper
- Place the stock into a saucepan over a low heat to warm up. Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add 100ml of olive oil and the onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes then add the rice and coat with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes to toast the rice, then add the wine. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add a ladle of stock to the pan and stir, allowing the rice to absorb the liquid. Add another ladle, allow to absorb. Continue this process for 15-20 minutes or until you have a loose, creamy risotto and the rice is cooked al dente.
- While cooking the risotto – blend 50g of sea urchin with 100ml of water to form a loose puree. In a separate pot, melt half the butter over a medium heat. Finely grate half the truffle into the butter, remove from the heat and allow to infuse.
- To finish – when the risotto is almost cooked, stir through the urchin puree and truffle butter and allow to absorb until your risotto is the right consistency. Remove from the heat, stir through the remaining butter, season to taste, place a lid on the pot and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve – ladle the risotto onto four plates, scatter with Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold and finish with fine shavings of the remaining truffle.