Sea Urchin Tartare with Puffed Salmon Skin - Makes 4 pieces
To puff the salmon skin for this recipe you must dehydrate the skin in advance, so be prepared. If you have a dehydrator you can use this for best results.
- Skin from 4 salmon portions
- 8 pcs Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold
- 1/2 an eschalot, finely diced
- 1/2 Bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 a small pickled onion, finely diced
- 3 Small cornichons, finely diced
- 1 tsp Capers, diced
- 1 Juice of half a lemon
- 20ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml Vegetable oil, for frying
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to its lowest temperature.
- Remove all the scales and excess flesh from the salmon skins and lay on a wire rack over a tray.
- Place on the bottom shelf of the oven, leaving the oven door slightly open.
- Allow the salmon skins to dehydrate. This can take up to 6 hours. Just check the skin occasionally.
- Once the salmon skins are dry, place the vegetable oil into a small pot and bring to a high temperature.
- Fry the salmon skins in the oil until they puff up, remove with steel tongs, and place some paper towel. Set aside.
- Dice 4 pieces of sea urchin and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon some mixture onto the puffed salmon skins.
- Top with a whole piece of Uni Gold sea urchin, garnish with chopped chives and dill sprigs.