SEA URCHIN TARTARE WITH PUFFED SALMON SKIN
MAKES 4 PIECES
Skin from 4 salmon portions
8 pcs Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold
1/2 an eschalot, finely diced
1/2 Bunch chives, finely chopped
1/2 a small pickled onion, finely diced
3 Small cornichons, finely diced
1 tsp Capers, diced
1 Juice of half a lemon
20ml Extra virgin olive oil
200ml Vegetable oil, for frying
Chopped chives, to serve
Dill sprigs, to serve
To puff the salmon skin for this recipe you must dehydrate the skin in advance, so be prepared. If you have a dehydrator you can use this for best results.
1. Pre-heat your oven to its lowest temperature.
2. Remove all the scales and excess flesh from the salmon skins and lay on a wire rack over a tray.
3. Place on the bottom shelf of the oven, leaving the oven door slightly open.
4. Allow the salmon skins to dehydrate. This can take up to 6 hours. Just check the skin occasionally.
5. Once the salmon skins are dry, place the vegetable oil into a small pot and bring to a high temperature.
6. Fry the salmon skins in the oil until they puff up, remove with steel tongs, and place some paper towel. Set aside.
7. Dice 4 pieces of sea urchin and mix with the remaining ingredients.
8. Spoon some mixture onto the puffed salmon skins.
9. Top with a whole piece of Uni Gold sea urchin, garnish with chopped chives and dill sprigs.