Sea Urchin with Fried Rice
Sea Urchin with Fried Rice - Serves 4
- 100g Sea Urchin Harvest Ensui Urchin
- 300g Cooked jasmine rice, dried overnight in the fridge
- 2 Shallots, finely sliced
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Brown onion, finely chopped
- 100ml Hoisin sauce
- 100ml Rice wine vinegar
- 50ml Light soy sauce
- 50g Sweet soy sauce
- 50g Fried shallots
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Drain the sea urchin, dry on some paper towel, and slice each piece down the centre.
- Mix the rice wine vinegar, hoisin, light soy, and sweet soy sauces until well combined.
- Place the vegetable oil into a wok and heat on high until smoking.
- Add the onion and carrot and toss to combine.
- When the onion and carrot start to blister add the rice then toss and stir until the rice starts to toast.
- Add the urchin and shallots and toss until the urchin begins to colour.
- Add the sauces and stir through until well combined.
- To serve – divide between four bowls and garnish with the fried shallots.