100g Sea Urchin Harvest Uni Gold
150g raw king prawns
150g kingfish, sliced into small pieces
1 blue swimmer crab, cooked
600ml seafood stock
5 dried shitake mushrooms
100g dried wakame seaweed
1 knob ginger, julienned
1 long red chilli, julienned
2 stalks spring onion, sliced
1 handful coriander leaves
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 egg whites vegetable oil
Note: for best results make your own seafood stock using fish frames, sea urchin shells and shellfish heads.
1. To make the broth – place some vegetable oil into a pan over a medium head and add half the ginger, the garlic and half the spring onion then sauté for 3 minutes. Add the seafood stock, shitake mushrooms and dried wakame and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Place half the sea urchin into 100ml of water and blitz together. Add to the seafood stock and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Drain the stock into a new pot, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. To clarify the broth – lightly whisk 2 egg whites together until fluffy. Place the cooled broth onto a low heat and whisk in the egg whites for 30 seconds. Allow the broth to come up to a simmer and remove from the heat. Slowly pass the clarified broth through a chuck cloth and sieve being careful not mix the egg white together with the now clear broth.
4. Meanwhile – place some vegetable oil into a heavy based frypan over a high heat. Add the scallops and brown on each side for one minute until lightly coloured then transfer onto a plate. Do the same with the prawns.
5. To serve – arrange some sea urchin, scallops, kingfish, prawns, crab and wakame into each bowl. Gently pour over the stock and finish with more ginger, chilli, spring onion and coriander leaves.